Wednesday, March 9, 2011

test results

Our dear friend came last week and gave of the test results.  I had infection (chorioamnionitis) and a placenta abruption.  They are not sure which one occurred first.  I am very thankful that I had some bleeding and everything was handled in the hospital without complications to me.

It does give my husband and I peace to have answers.  Our friend and geneticist said that looking at our history she sees no reason why we cannot go on to have another healthy child.  This makes me happy because in my heart I still really, really want one more child and our children want one more, we all do. 

Life has moved forward.  It is hard to believe that it has been 4.5 weeks already.  I look at her picture most days and to some degree it still seems a little surreal.  My grandmother (that I was really close to) died a few years ago.  I like to think that ruby is with her until we can be together again.

We are going to be meeting with high risk doctors soon so we know what to expect when we conceive again.  I think they can monitor the placenta through ultrasounds and they can monitor closely for any signs of infection.  It will be anxiety provoking but  the end result is very worth it.  Having children has brought me the greatest joys of my life.  It is the hardest, best job ever. :)


"You take the bad with the good, Rise up through it. Live in the mist of it. It's the bad that lets you know ho good the good really is. Don't let the bad leave you thinking like there ain't any good. There is, and lots of it, too. "
Charles Martin (Chasing Fireflies)

No comments:

Post a Comment